In a world where social media is connecting more people online than ever, it’s no surprise that many people have a newfound dream of becoming famous on the Internet. But how do they do it?
An app called Musical.ly hit the social media market in late 2014, allowing users to create short videos of themselves lip-synching to popular songs. The app blew up amongst teenagers, and the platform reached 200 million users in 2017. That year, the app was bought out by ByteDance, a company based in Shanghai, and merged with TikTok, an app that has now drawn in 800 million downloads worldwide. Users can create 15 to 60 second videos of themselves lip-synching to music, comedy skits, original songs, and many other sounds. The app has launched many of its users into the entertainment industry, whether through popularizing their songs or art, or drawing attention to companies such as The Washington Post, who have reached a large following on the platform through their everyday, in-office comedy videos. (33.1k followers, to be exact.)
How can your brand reach users on TikTok?
With the amount of people scrolling through TikTok on a daily basis, it is incredibly easy to reach an audience in your brand’s target market. While scrolling through the Trending and For You pages in the app, users will see videos specifically targeted to their age demographics, and hashtags will help bring users directly to your doorstep. From lighthearted challenges to funny skits, there are so many options to create content that will draw in an audience.
So, should your business have a presence on TikTok?
Statistics show that two-thirds of the app’s users are under age 30. If your target market falls into this age category, TikTok may be worth utilizing.
Still not certain?
Here are a few more statistics that may convince you to dive into this platform to increase your global brand awareness. (Source can be found here.)
- TikTok was downloaded more than 660 million times in 2018.
- More than 500 million people globally use TikTok monthly.
- 29% of monthly users open TikTok every day.
- 26.5 million of the 500 million monthly active users are from the U.S.
- 66% of users are younger than 30-years-old.
- Users typically spend around 52 minutes per day on the app.
- 80% of TikTok’s sessions are on Android devices.
Can TikTok actually help your business?
If the demographics haven’t fully sold you, TikTok also has the option to advertise your brand with a precisely targeted audience. Their flexible ad formats and AI-based algorithm will market your business to just the right crowd, bringing you more clients all while having fun on this engaging platform. Interested in using this platform to advertise your business? Be sure to check out the many ways you can utilize TikTok’s advertising software here.
Why should you consider TikTok as your next marketing platform?
Let me break it down into 3 main reasons why TikTok could be right for growing your brand:
- Just over 40% of TikTok users open the app 21-50 times per day. That’s over 300 million people your business could possibly be reaching. Daily. Just sayin’.
- TikTok has a fairly young user demographic. You could be marketing to the future generation and growing your business over the next several years.
- TikTok has a built-in advertising algorithm. Reach who you want, how you want, and when you want, all seamlessly integrated into the platform. Easy and beneficial for you and your business.
So what are you waiting for? Is TikTok your next step in growing your business?